So, you’ve got a frozen shoulder, huh? That’s a real pain, literally and figuratively!
But don’t worry, we’ve got some cool news that might just bring you some relief.
We’re talking about CBD, a natural compound that’s been making waves in the wellness world for all kinds of reasons.
In this article, we’re going to dive into how you can use CBD for frozen shoulder.
We’ll cover tips and tricks to help ease discomfort, increase your mobility, and get your life back on track.
Let’s thaw that shoulder and get you moving again!
Table of Contents
Understanding Frozen Shoulder
Causes and Risk Factors
Frozen shoulder, also known as adhesive capsulitis, is a condition that affects your shoulder joint, causing pain, stiffness, and, ultimately, a limited range of motion.
While the exact cause of frozen shoulder remains unknown, there are some risk factors that can increase your chances of developing the condition.
- Age: Frozen shoulder typically affects people between the ages of 40 and 60.
- Injury: An injury to your shoulder joint, such as a dislocation or fracture, can lead to frozen shoulder.
- Prolonged immobility: If you need to keep your shoulder joint immobile for a long period, like during a period of rest following surgery, you may be at greater risk.
- Health conditions: Certain conditions, such as diabetes, thyroid issues, and heart disease, can increase your likelihood of experiencing frozen shoulder.
Phases of Frozen Shoulder
Frozen shoulder generally goes through three phases, each with different symptoms and duration.
- Freezing Phase: This stage lasts from 2 to 9 months and is characterized by pain in your shoulder, even when at rest. As the pain and inflammation worsens, your shoulder starts losing its range of motion.
- Frozen Phase: During this stage, which can last anywhere from 4 to 12 months, your shoulder becomes increasingly stiff and its range of motion decreases further. However, you may notice a decrease in pain.
- Thawing Phase: This is the recovery phase, lasting between 6 and 24 months. Your shoulder’s range of motion gradually improves, and pain begins to subside.
Symptoms and Diagnosis
Some common symptoms of frozen shoulder include:
- Dull or aching pain in your shoulder joint, upper arm, or shoulder muscles
- Stiffness, making it difficult to move your shoulder
- Limited range of motion
To diagnose frozen shoulder, your healthcare provider will likely perform a physical examination to assess your shoulder’s range of motion and look for signs of pain.
They may also recommend imaging tests, such as X-rays or MRIs, to rule out other causes of shoulder pain.
Overall, understanding frozen shoulder, its causes, risk factors, phases, and the process of diagnosing the condition can help you manage symptoms and seek appropriate treatment.
Incorporating CBD might be an option to explore for managing the pain and inflammation associated with this medical condition.
Treatment Options for Frozen Shoulder
When it comes to treating frozen shoulder, a variety of options are available.
It’s essential to find the most effective treatment plan for your specific needs to alleviate pain and restore your shoulder’s range of motion.
In this section, we’ll explore various treatments, including physical therapy and exercise, medications and injections, and surgery.
Physical Therapy and Exercise
Physical therapy plays a crucial role in treating frozen shoulder. A physical therapist will help you perform gentle stretching and mobility exercises to gradually increase your shoulder’s range of motion.
Throughout the different phases of frozen shoulder, the exercises and intensity may vary, but consistency is key.
Over time, your therapist may introduce strength-building exercises to support your joint’s stability.
Medications and Injections
Your doctor may recommend over-the-counter pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory medications such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or naproxen to reduce pain and inflammation associated with frozen shoulder.
If these medications aren’t providing sufficient relief, your doctor might prescribe stronger pain management options, like corticosteroid injections.
Or, the option we like best, is emerging evidence suggests that Cannabidiol (CBD) may help with pain management in frozen shoulder.
While research on CBD for frozen shoulder is still in its early stages, some patients have found it beneficial in easing their discomfort.
Surgery is typically a last resort for frozen shoulder treatment. If other methods haven’t been effective after a year or more, your doctor may recommend surgical intervention to release the shoulder joint and restore its range of motion.
While the thought of surgery might be intimidating, it can be a helpful option for those who have exhausted all other treatment avenues.
The best approach to treating frozen shoulder will depend on your unique situation and the severity of your condition.
By working closely with your healthcare team and sticking to your treatment plan, you’ll be well on your way to regaining your shoulder’s functionality and reducing joint pain.
CBD for Frozen Shoulder
What is CBD and How It Works
CBD, or cannabidiol, is a natural compound found in the cannabis plant that has gained popularity for its potential anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties.
It interacts with your body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS), which helps regulate functions like pain, immune response, and inflammation.
By stimulating the ECS, CBD may effectively reduce inflammation and alleviate discomfort caused by frozen shoulder.
CBD Oil, Creams, Gummies, and Tinctures
Prosper Wellness offers a range of high-quality CBD products designed for your needs.
Here are some options to consider:
- CBD Capsules: A convenient choice, CBD capsules can be swallowed directly or incorporated into meals for effortless intake. They could be beneficial for dealing with the discomfort and rigidity associated with a frozen shoulder. Keep in mind, factors like your metabolism and weight influence the effectiveness of CBD capsules.
- CBD Cream: Topical application of CBD cream directly onto the affected shoulder can help alleviate pain and inflammation. Our pain freeze cream is formulated with organic and vegan ingredients.
- CBD Gummies: A yummy way to take CBD with a controlled dose, these gummies can help manage overall discomfort and inflammation related to frozen shoulder.
- CBD Tincture: Similar to CBD oil, tinctures can be taken sublingually or added to food and drinks. They often come in different flavors (ours is peppermint), offer a discrete way to consume CBD, and may provide relief for frozen shoulder symptoms.
Comparing CBD to Traditional Pain Relievers
Traditional pain relievers, such as ibuprofen, are commonly used to manage arthritis and inflammation-related pain.
However, considering natural remedies like CBD for frozen shoulder pain has some advantages:
- Safety: While NSAIDs like ibuprofen can cause side effects, CBD is generally considered safe with a low risk of side effects.
- No Dependency: CBD is non-addictive, whereas some traditional pain relievers can lead to dependency.
- Full Spectrum CBD: Prosper Wellness products use full spectrum CBD which contains not only CBD but also other beneficial cannabinoids that work together to enhance their effects.
Keep in mind that while CBD may provide relief for some, individual experiences vary and it’s always best to consult with your healthcare provider before incorporating CBD into your treatment plan.
Using CBD Safely and Effectively
Consulting With a Doctor
Before using CBD for frozen shoulder, it’s important to consult with your doctor.
Frozen shoulder can be caused by inflammation or overuse, and your doctor can help determine the best course of treatment for you.
During your appointment, don’t forget to mention any recent changes in your weight, diet, or exercise routine.
Your doctor will most likely conduct a physical exam, including a cross-body reach test to assess the mobility of your shoulder.
Finding the Right CBD Product
When choosing a CBD product to help with your frozen shoulder, look for one that has no THC like ours, as THC can cause psychoactive effects.
Also, consider products specifically designed for sensitive skin, since the skin around the affected area may be more vulnerable.
A warm shower followed by a gentle towel stretch can enhance the absorption of CBD into your bloodstream, helping the product work more effectively.
Proper Dosage and Application
Finding the right dosage of CBD for your frozen shoulder can be tricky, as everyone’s needs vary.
Start with a low dose, and gradually increase until you find the optimal amount for your needs.
Remember to give your body time to adjust and monitor how your shoulder responds to the treatment.
When applying CBD topically to your frozen shoulder, gently massage the product into the affected area, being careful not to cause further pain or tension.
By following these guidelines, you can safely and effectively use CBD to help alleviate the symptoms of your frozen shoulder, promoting healing and increasing mobility.
CBD for Frozen Shoulder FAQs
Can CBD oil help pain in frozen shoulder?
Totally! CBD oil could potentially help ease the pain that comes with a frozen shoulder. It’s known for its anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties, which means it might help reduce inflammation and manage pain. But remember, everyone’s body responds differently, so what works for one person might not work for another.
How do you use CBD oil for shoulder pain?
Using CBD oil for shoulder pain is pretty straightforward. You can take it sublingually (under the tongue) for faster absorption, or you can mix it into food or drink if you’re not a fan of the taste. Some people also apply it topically to the affected area. Just remember to start with a low dose and work your way up until you find what works best for you.
What is best time of day to take CBD for pain?
There’s no one-size-fits-all answer to this one as it really depends on your personal schedule and when you tend to feel pain most. Some folks find it helpful to take CBD in the morning to manage pain throughout the day, while others might take it in the evening to help with nighttime pain and promote better sleep. Experiment and see what works best for you!
How long does CBD oil take to kick in?
On average, CBD oil might take anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours to kick in when taken sublingually, depending on your body and the specific dose. If you’re using it topically, it could take a little longer. Remember, everyone’s different, so it might take a bit of trial and error to figure out what works best for you.
And there you have it, folks! CBD for frozen shoulder might just be the solution you’ve been searching for.
Ready to give it a go?
Head on over to the Prosper Wellness store, where you’ll find top-notch CBD products that can help soothe that pesky frozen shoulder.
We’re all about quality, so you can trust you’re getting the good stuff to help you on your journey to relief.
Don’t let frozen shoulder put your life on ice.
Explore our range of CBD products and let’s get you moving again!